- Vodka (Kettle One)
- Crème de cacao (clear) (Hiram Walker)
- Butterscotch schnapps (DeKuyper)
- Dark chocolate salted caramel (Hedonist Artisan Chocolates, available online)
- Powdered chocolate (Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate)
- Fresh blueberries (organic; they’re part of the dirty dozen, you know!)
Combine in a shaker:
- 2 shots vodka
- ½ shot crème de cacao
- ¼ shot butterscotch schnapps
- 2 crushed blueberries
Instructions for serving:
- Chill martini glass in freezer for three minutes.
- Pour a small pile of powdered chocolate onto a plate.
- Remove glass from freezer and wet the rim with vodka (you can use your (clean!) finger for this).
- Dip wet rim into the chocolate powder and rotate until covered.
- Turn the glass upright and place a salted caramel in the bottom.
- Fill with martini mixture.
This one is very sweet – you’ll want to enjoy it after appetizers or dinner. Trust me. Go with your gay on this one.
Serve and converse:
- In your primary relationship, what ‘sweet’ things do you enjoy talking about?
- What ‘dark’ topics do you avoid discussing because they are uncomfortable?
- If you were given a ‘one healthy discussion for free’ card that allowed you to bring up a topic you’ve never discussed with your partner—and there’s no fear of reprisal (no angry or defensive comments, no hurt feelings, just healthy discussion)—what would you talk about?
- Extra credit: What’s a fact about yourself or memory of some experience that you’ve never shared with anyone?
Note: Brand name products are author’s recommendations. Make substitutions as desired. As with all alcohol consumption, please drink responsibly.